Cane Corso Growth Stages
Average Height and Weight From Puppy To Adult
As you'll soon find out, Cane Corso growth stages take off like a rocket for the first year after birth. In fact few breeds can match their growth...and their appetites!
Cane Corso Growth Stages...Weight And Size
2 Months Male: 34-36 lbs. (15-16 kg)
12-15 in. (32-37 cm)
4 Months Male: 42-45 lbs. (19-20 kg)
17-20 in. (45-51 cm)
6 Months Male: 60-65 lbs. (27-29 kg)
22-24 in. (56-60 cm)
8 Months Male: 72-80 lbs. (32-36 kg)
24-25 in. (62-63 cm)
Female: 30-32 lbs. (13-14 kg)
12-14 in. (30-35 cm)
Female: 38-43 lbs. (17-19 kg)
16-19 in. (42-50 cm)
Female: 55-60 lbs. (25-27 kg)
21-23 in. (54-59 cm)
Female: 65-72 lbs. (29-32 kg)
24-24 in. (61-62 cm)
A full-grown (19 months) male and female Cane Corso would have an average height of 25 to 27.5 in (63.5 to 70 cm) and 23.5 to 26 in (60 to 66 cm), respectively. With regard to weight, a male may weigh between 92.5 to 101 lbs (42 to 46 kg), while a female may weigh between 81.5 to 92 lbs (37 to 42 kg).
In this article, we will look at the various growth stages of a Cane Corso right from its puppy stage to a full-grown adult. We will also look at the ideal height and weight of the breed during its different stages. Now let’s get started by reading more below...
Pro-tip: Ever try lifting a Cane Corso? Their weight can hurt not only your back but their joints when they hop down from cars, sofas or even your bed. To protect your back and theirs check out the best Mastiff ramps on Amazon.com now.
How Fast Do Cane Corsos Grow?
As a general rule Cane Corsos grow at a steady pace and need over a year to reach their full height and weight. They show consistent height and weight increments during their initial growth stage.
Additionally, you can expect to see the most drastic changes in size during the first year of the breed’s life, after which you will only be able to note minor changes (if any) for the next few months.
When Do Cane Corsos Stop Growing?
Cane Corsos (both male and female) will reach their maximum height and weight by the end of 19 months. In fact, there is very minimal growth (if any) that takes place during the last month of growth. Most Cane Corsos reach their full growth before the end of 19 months and will remain the same thereafter.
Cane Corso Puppy Growth Timeline
In the following sections, we will look at a comprehensive timeline of this breeds growth stages for both male and female Canes right from the stage of 2 months to the official end of its puppy stage at 12 months.
However, remember that these sizes are prone to vary from dog to dog, so it really isn’t a big deal if your Cane Corso slightly falls short or exceeds the average height and weight measurements.
Track the growth of your Cane with our free downloadable PDFs...
Cane Corso Weight & Height at 2 Months
- Males at 2 months of age can weigh between 34 to 36 lbs (15 to 16 kg) and will reach a height of 12 to 15 inches (32 to 37 cm).
- Females will weigh between 30 to 32 lbs (13 to 14.5 kg) and will reach a height of 12 to 14 inches (30 to 35 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 3 Months
- Males at 3 months can weigh between 36 to 38 lbs (16 to 17 kg) and will reach a height of 14 to 17 inches (37 to 44 cm).
- Females at this stage will weigh between 31 to 35 lbs (14 to 15 kg) and reach a height of 14 to 16 inches (37 to 42 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 4 Months
- Males at this stage will weigh between 42 to 45 lbs (19 to 20 kg) and will reach a height of 17 to 20 inches (45 to 51 cm).
- Females at the age of 4 months will weigh between 38 to 43 lbs 17 to 19.5 kg) and will reach a height of 16 to 19 inches (42 to 50 cm).
Pro-tip: Cane Corso anxiety, aggression, destructive
chewing, jumping up, fearfulness, and other behaviors can be controlled with
the right training program.
Here’s a great course that
addresses these issues along with many other dog training basics: Check it out now!
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 5 Months
- Males at 5 months will weigh between 51 to 55 lbs (23 to 25 kg) and can reach a height of 20 to 22 inches (52 to 56 cm).
- Females at 5 months can weigh between 45 to 50 lbs (20 to 22 kg) and can reach a height of 20 to 21 inches (51 to 54 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 6 Months
- Males at the age of 6 months will weigh anywhere between 60 to 65 lbs (27 to 29 kg) and can reach a height of 22 to 24 inches (56 to 60 cm).
- Females at 6 months of age can weigh around 55 to 60 lbs (25 to 27 kg) and may reach a height of 21 to 23 inches (54 to 59 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 7 Months
- Males at 7 months of age can weigh between 65 to 70 lbs (29 to 31 kg) and can reach a height of 24 to 24 inches (60 to 62 cm).
- Females at this stage may weigh between 60 to 65 lbs (27 to 29 kg) and can reach a height of 23 to 24 inches (59 to 61 cm).
Our Ultimate Mastiff Care e-book is perfect for owners looking for
greater in-depth care information in one convenient downloadable e-book.
On Sale Now for a limited time…Check It Out Here.
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 8 Months
- Males at the age of 8 months can weigh around 72 to 80 lbs (32 to 36 kg) and can reach a height of 24.4 to 25 inches (62 to 63 cm).
- Females at a similar age can weigh between 65 to 72 lbs (29 to 32 kg) and may reach a height of 24 to 24.4 inches (61 to 62 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 9 Months
- Males at 9 months weigh anywhere between 80 to 85 lbs (36 to 38 kg) and can reach a height of 25 to 25.5 inches (63 to 65 cm).
- Females at the age of 9 months can weigh between 68 to 75 lbs (31 to 34 kg) and can reach a height of 24 to 25 inches (62 to 63 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 10 Months
- Males at 10 months will reach a weight of about 85 to 90 lbs (38 to 41 kg) and will reach a height of 25.5 to 26 inches (65 to 67 cm).
- Females at the age of 10 months will weigh anywhere between 80 to 85 lbs (36 to 38 kg) and can reach a height of around 24.8 to 25 inches (63 to 64 cm).
Cane Corso Weight and Height at 1 Year
- Males at the age of 1 year can weigh between 85 to 95 lbs (38 to 43 kg) and can reach a height of 25.5 to 26 inches (65 to 68 cm).
- Females at this stage can weigh between 80 to 90 lbs (36 to 40 kg) and can reach a height of about 25 to 26 inches (64 to 66 cm).
Full Grown Cane Corso Weight
- Males who are full-grown will weigh between 92.5 to 101 lbs (42 to 46 kg).
- Females who are full-grown will weigh anywhere between 81.5 to 92 lbs (37 to 42 kg).
Full Grown Cane Corso Height
- Males who are full-grown will reach a height of 25 to 27.5 inches (63.5 to 70 cm).
- Females who are full-grown will reach a height of 23.5 to 26 inches (60 to 66 cm).
As you'll soon find out Canes grow fast! That's why it's important to feed them with the proper diet as well as proper amounts.
Our helpful Cane Corso feeding guide on our site is dedicated to helping you do just that.
Cane Corso Growth Stages...Some Final Thoughts
This article gives a comprehensive growth chart of the height and weight of both male and female Cane Corsos from the age of 2 months to 12 months. Though they do not grow much in terms of height after the first year, they still build a lot of muscle until they reach 19 months.
Return To The Top Of This Cane Corso Growth Stages Page
Mastiff Guide Home
Cane Corso Growth Stages